Service Desk Technician
Job Title: Service Desk Technician
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Compensation: Commensurate w/education and practical experience
Department: Service Delivery
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for managing first level remote support requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, printers, networking equipment, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic technical support
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Documenting client sites with pictures and diagrams
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolute dedication to unparalleled customer service.
- Fast turnaround of client requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Technical awareness: escalate service requests appropriately.
- Responsible for entering all time and expenses as they occur.
- Continuous education, expansion, and refinement of technical knowledge and credibility through industry standard certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT certifications desirable but not required. Examples include Microsoft MCP, Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE), LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA A+ or Network+.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnostic skills for technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- High school or college graduate with interest in technology, a demonstrated ability to learn quickly, and a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and customer service.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications
- Medical and Dental insurance provided
- Simple IRA with employer matching
- Generous PTO and holiday plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for learning and advancement
Reliable transportation required and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Take the next step! Contact us about this position.