Service Desk Analyst
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Manager
Compensation: Commensurate w/experience
Department: Service and Support
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for managing first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Monitoring and support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi, and security.
- Basic remote access solution support: IPSEC & SSL VPN, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolute dedication to unparalleled customer service.
- Fast turnaround of client requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests appropriately.
- Responsible for entering all time and expenses as they occur.
- Continuous education, expansion, and refinement of technical knowledge and credibility through industry standard certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE), LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA A+ or Network+.
- Basic understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 3 years of IT or related experience, special preference for Service Desk/Desk Side support experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 100% employer paid health insurance (medical and dental).
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Mileage and mobile phone reimbursement.
No relocation assistance provided. Reliable transportation required and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Take the next step! Contact us about this position.